Home > Admission > Financial Matters

Financial Matters

School Fees For Academic Year 2022

School Fee
Miscellaneous Fee (S$)Autonomous School Fee (S$)
Total Payable
Singapore Citizen520328
Singapore PR440 20 463 
 IS (ASEAN)840 20 863 
 IS (Non-ASEAN)1,600 20 1,623 

Annual school fees payable is spread over 12 months of the academic year. Students who are admitted on or before 5th February will have to pay fees from January. Those who withdraw on or after 5th October will have to pay fees for October, November and December. The preferred
mode of payment is GIRO.

Singapore Citizen students can choose to pay the second-tier miscellaneous fees and the school autonomous fees from their Edusave account.

Please approach the school General Office to speak with Ms Jane Loh for the Edusave Standing Order form or to write to loh_yoke_cheng@moe.edu.sg.

Details on the Payment Modes of School Fees and School Bill

Payment ModeDetails
Interbank GIROFor DBS/POSB and OCBC account holders, you can join the GIRO scheme through your respective online banking portals.

  • Select 'MOE' as the billing organisation
  • Use your child's student ID as the direct debit authorisation reference number
  • Do not set any deduction limit.

For other bank account holders and those who wish to apply for GIRO via hardcopy application form, please obtain the application form from the School General Office. Submit the original signed form to the school. there is no need to submit a new application if studens are already on GIRO. Deductions will be made on the 26th of each month (January to December). Please ensure that there are sufficients funds in the bank account for deduction. 

SAM Web, Kiosk or MobileWebsite: www.mysam.sg
  • Create and log into your SAM account
  • Select Payment
  • Select 'Ministry of Education' under 'Education
  • Select the type of bill
  • Follow the on-screen instructions

SAMS Kiosks
  • Log into your SAM account
  • Select 'Payment'
  • Select 'Ministry of Education' under 'Education'
  • Select the type of bill
  • Follow the on-screen instructions

SAM Mobile
  • Download SingPost SAM mobile app from AppStore or Google Play
  • Create and log into your SAM account
  • Select 'Payments' on the side menu
  • Select 'Education', followed by 'Ministry of Education'
  • Select the type of bill
  • Follow the on-screen instructions

 SGQR Code
  • Scan the QR code on the bill and pay using any of the listed mobile applications:
  • Launch your preferred payment app from those shown in the gill
  • Scan the SGQR
  • Check that you are paying to 'Ministry of Education'
  • Follow the on-screen instructions

Cash/ Cheque/ Cashier's Order
  • Please make payment at the school General Office (11.00 am to 2.30 pm)
  • Bring along the MOE bill and the exact amount for quick processing.
  • Cheque or Cashier's Order should be made payable to 'Ministry of Education' or 'St. Margaret's Secondary School'.
  • Students are to make sure that they obtain a receipt for payment of fees by cash/cheque/cashier's order

For enquiries on the payment of School Fees (MOE Bill) and School Bill, please contact Ms Jane Loh or Ms Sumitra Shasi Kumar at telephone number 6466 4525.

Registration for PayNow

With the increasing digitalisation of government services, MOE would like to encourage all parents to register their children’s bank account with  PayNow using the children’s BC/NRIC number. The activation of PayNow will facilitate the prompt disbursement of monies for the child, and avoid delays through the filling in and processing of forms or from physical visits to banks for the deposit of cheques. For a start, MOE will be using PayNow (BC/NRIC) as a means to disburse Edusave award monies starting from the upcoming Edusave award exercise in Dec 2021.

Insurance Coverage for Students

All students are covered by MOE Master Contract for Group Personal Accident (GPA) Insurance under NTUC Income Co-operative Limited. Under this contract, students who participated in school activites will be covered. All claims submitted to the insurance provided must be endorsed by the school. Should you find the coverage inadequate to meet your child's/ward's needs, you may consider purchasing your own insurance policy.